So the national and local elections is just months away and lots of politicians are starting to become epal. Commercials here, commercials there, commercials everywhere. But I’m not here to talk about these epal politicians but about my ‘open letter’ to whoever would be voted as the new mayor of my city.
Mayor, I hope that you won’t be a ningas-kugon. I hope that you’re ‘loyalty’ and ‘honesty’ will last for a long time until your term ends. I don’t want to hear any corruption problems and issues on how you run the city. The people voted you because they trust you and they ‘think’ that you can lead them.
I have made a list of what I perceive to be my CDO when run by an awesome and responsible mayor.
- CLEAN CDO. A CDO where you can just walk even in the daytime without having the problem to change route because of the danger of being too close to a smelly pile of junk. I want to see a CDO where whenever I look around, I can see near spotless roads and perhaps some leaves from the trees. And oh, I want lots of trees. Those trees that people ‘planted’ on the middle of the road are bit of a failure because I never saw them grow as they tall and as useful and pretty as they should be. I love walking on the street at early morning because the roads are almost spotless and there’s this vehicle which cleans the road *cool*. I want a not very dusty roads. Every time I ride a jeepney on the way to somewhere, when I wipe my hankie on my face, I instantly see a very dirty handkerchief. *tsktsk* Strict implementation of DO NOT THROW YOU GARBAGE ANYWHERE. Please just please.
- LESS PEOPLE LIVING ON THE STREET. These are the people that I hate seeing especially those that I see everyday. Whenever I go to school, there is this certain family that lives beside a food chain and they are really annoying the hell out of me. The mother and other family members are obviously able-bodied but I don’t think they’re really doing much to alleviate their current status. I also hate seeing these street children because they are born to parents who are either not really able to raise them like even a middle-income families could or they’re just too irresponsible to take care of their children. I hope that they would make an independent body and not just rely on DSWD to actually take care of these people because they can only do so much and a little help can actually make a huge difference.
- BETTER TRAFFIC FLOW. CDO already has lots of vehicles compared before. And that means more rowdy and uncivilized and not so law-follower drivers. I hope that they would strongly implement whatever laws regarding traffic and that includes where to load and unload passengers, where to pass and where to park. They should be stricter with this because this can really add more to the current traffic problem of the city. I also hope that they would be able to make a very big parking lots somewhere in divisoria or wherever because I hate seeing these cars parallel parking on the sides of very narrow roads. It just adds to the problem of traffic and I don’t think these drivers aren’t much of a help because they just left their cars there for a loooooooooong time. In relation to this, I hope that there would be a stricter implementation of people passing on pedestrian lanes. These are painted on roads for reasons and should be use for it’s own reason. I hate seeing people from Centrio going to Gaisano just crossing the road without using the pedestrian lane. Is really walking just a short distance too much of a hassle or you’re just letting your laziness overcome you.
- PROMOTION OF EDUCATION. Education is supposed to be a right, but now it’s just a privilege. I hope that one day, there would be a really strong program and campaign to promote education to everyone and for all of us to have the equal right to be able to go to school. I also hope that there would be more classrooms and more school paraphernalia that would be allotted to enable children to be more inspired to study. More teachers, I hope, should be hired and good benefits should be given to them because teaching the future of our country is not an easy task.
- BETTER HEALTH CARE FACILITIES. I have been exposed to the clinical area and all I can say is that, “Thank goodness my family has enough money to have me go to a private hospital whenever I get sick”. Why? Because I don’t think that our public hospitals is good enough. What’s with a humid and smelly ward? I don’t think that is conducive for healing. I hope that they would actually start to slowly make a project for a better service to people. I’m not saying that our public hospitals are ugly and filthy but I’m just saying is that we can do much better than what we’re showing right now.
I don’t know if I had made my points across but I hope I did. Some people may agree or disagree with me. Some may also have more suggestions to be added to this list. But I hope that you, MAYOR, will be able to lead our city and show it’s full potential.