For the past few days, I had been voting for a couple of drama awards on Facebook and Reddit. This made me realize just how much drama I had been bingeing on for the past few months. There were a few that I had dropped halfway and might pick up later and some that I had just given up on.
This list is in the order of when they were released. There may be some spoilers but I tried to not put it as much as I can. Enjoy!
Doctor Romantic 2
- I was a big fan of Doctor Romantic 1 so when they announced this sequel, I was so hyped up.
- Lee Sung Kyung was convincing in her role as a doctor which I really didn’t have high expectation on since I’ve only seen her on Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo and Cheese in the Trap.
- I’ve never seen Ahn Hyo Seop before so I didn’t know what to expect but boy did he make me tear up.
- Kim Min Jae and So Ju Hyeon’s love line was just refreshing.
- Han Seok Kyu and Kim Joo Heon’s scenes was always intense and I always looked forward to it.
- It’s a short web drama that I binged in half a day.
- Hani’s acting was good and really suited her although she had some awkward moments.
- Bae In Hyuk as Danny makes me want him as my bestfriend too.
- The way Hani and Hwang Seung Eon teamed up to bring down that shitty ex. *chef’s kiss*
Hi Bye, Mama!
- Literally started watching this because of Lee Kyu Hung whom I loved as Loony on Prison Playbook.
- Just tears on many of its episodes especially for Kim Tae Hee and daughter.
- The friendship that blossomed between Kim Tae Hee, Go Bo Gyeol and Shin Dong Mi was both heartwarming and painful to watch as Go Bo Gyeol didn’t have any idea who Kim Tae Hee really was until later.
- Go Bo Gyeol’s character deserved better. She was nice but very aloof so people assumed her to be mean and truly loves the husband and the kid.
- Director also directed Prison Playbook so that was enough motivation for me to watch.
- The songs are so calming that I still listen to the whole OST album when I want to calm down and rest.
- No villains, no intense drama. Just light-hearted drama surrounding five friends and their lives.
- Really rooted for Moon Tae Yu and Ha Yoon Kyung’s (Yong Suk Min and Heo Sun Bin) love line.
- Yoo Yeon Seok and Shin Hyun Bin’s final scene thought. :*
Kingdom Season 2
- The build-up of the first season was slower during the first half but this season was just action all throughout. Also, just six episodes you can binge in a day.
- Bae Doo Na and Jun Suk Ho’s budding romance (?)
- The mf queen died and that’s good.
- Jun Ji Hyun’s unexpected cameo at the end of the last episode which means Season 3 about to be lit.
- Ju Ji Hoon being a more regal and tough prince than he was in the first season.
- Choi Jin Hyuk and Jo Dong Hyuk in one frame is just gorgeous. Add Park Sun Ho and it’s just perfection.
- The action sequence was well executed and never boring.
- Jung Hye In being the bad-ass that she is.
- Kim Min Sang though. Insert Tyra’s gif of “I rooted for you. We all rooted for you!”
Mystic Pop-Up Bar
- Hwang Jung Eum is just a genius when it comes to comedy, moreso with romance added to it.
- Yook Sung Jae acting like a dork and Jung Da Eum acting tough is a comedy in itself. Also, add the chemistry between these two and I just fell in love with their pairing.
- Choi Won Young cool action scenes plus his not-so-subtle longing look to Hwang Jung Eum.
- Just Choi Won Young doting on Hwang Jung Eum and Hwang Jung Eum hating her ex.
- The things they have to do to resolve a problem especially the infertility one.
Was It Love
- This started my ongoing love for Son Ho Jun and his crying scenes.
- Song Ji Hyo showing us a strong, independent woman who needs no man.
- Going on a journey together with Uhm Chae Young to figure who her real daddy is (legit thought it was gonna be Koo Ja Sung at one point).
- Kim Min Joon and Yoon Sung Woo’s blossoming relationship as father and son.
- Lee Do Hyun acting as a 40-something trapped in an 18-year old body is such a trip. The fact that he did it so well that I would see him being all “Dad mode” to his kids and I’m like, “Yep, that’s fair”.
- Kim Kang Hyun’s outrageous outfits and the many attempts he had to do in order for Kim Yoo Ri to finally accept him.
- Lee Mi Do is just friendship and role-model goal here as she is just not a true friend, she’s also a strong, independent woman who takes no shit from anyone.
- Kim Kang Hyun and Lee Mi Do’s friendship that did not take a romantic turn and instead, supported each other throughout the show (amidst a lot of bickering).
Tale of the Nine-Tailed
- Jo Bo Ah not being your typical damsel in distress and not clueless throughout the run of the show.
- Kim Bum’s growth throughout the show and the fact that he finally found home with Kim Yung Ji, Hwang Hee and Jung Shi Yeol.
- I enjoyed learning a couple of Korean mythologies like the Snail Bride.
- I really rooted for Kim Yung Ji and Hwang Hee from the beginning even though a lot of people wanted her to be with Kim Bum instead.
- Kim Bum caring for Kim Yung Ji like a big brother to his little sister and the fact that she was the last person whom he saw before being taken away.
- Kim Bum and Lee Dong Wok’s complicated brotherly relationship but it really showed how much they both loved each other.
- Team Good Boy all the way. Just him, not with Dal Mi though. Kim Seon Ho’s Han Ji Pyeong deserves someone who loves him.
- Kang Han Na being the bad-ass b* that she is, leaving her step-dad’s company and starting from scratch to build her own.
- Suzy realizing she cannot mope around when Samsan Tech boys left and decided to join her sister and thrived.
- Kim Hae Sook (Halmeoni) just loving and caring for Kim Seon Ho since he was a kid.
- Kim Seon Ho and Kim Hae Sook’s loving relationship which is very warm and just what Kim Seon Ho’s character needed.
- Samsan Tech started from insecure guys who talked highly about the twins’ abilities to successful men who are now so much better and talented than the twins.
- Was hoping for more Kim Seon Ho and Kang Han Na moments together.
- Stephanie Lee and the moment she realized she also liked Kim Soo Bin back plus their cute moments together.
- Loved the webtoon so much and was so excited for this.
- Song Kang acting as a timid teenager is spot on.
- Alternate Song Kang with black eyes was creepy af and gave me chills.
- Lee Si Young being a bad-ass woman and just kicking butts.
- The fact that the story deviated so much from the webtoon makes me think on how they’ll actually have to do Season 2.